RE: [Harp-L] Impedance advice needed

> From: hazcon@xxxxxxxxxx
> Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 16:50:45 +1300
> Subject: [Harp-L] Impedance advice needed
>
> This is the adapter I'm looking at
>
> ATC6824
>
> 1/4" jack socket to XLR3 male, high to low impedance convertor. Transformer
> coupled

I've got a similar all in one plug and transformer, but going low to high so I can plug
my SM-58 into guitar inputs.  The problem with it is that it's a great big bulky plug
that sticks out and is liable to get in the way or get knocked, the advantage of it is
that it takes up a negligible amount of space in my microphone case.

The ATC6824 would be a handy thing to keep with your microphone as an
emergency backup or when you want to travel light, but a more practical option
for sitting in with a band would be a floor based DI or preamp as suggested by
Greg and Richard.

Patrick